Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Trip to Africa

Our first day in Kenya- outside the church at a zone conference

Bryce and his mom


We went to this giraffe center in Nairobi, and they let you feed the giraffes! It was so much fun


On the upper deck at the giraffe center


Bryce put some food in between his teeth and the giraffe did not hesitate to eat it! It looks like they are kissing-lucky giraffe!




On a balcony by the missionaries apartment

Inside of President Taylor's office- Such a cute couple!


The sister missionaries were so cute and so much fun to be around- this was after the stake conference
Our Safari Trip
to the Masai Mara

Right before we got on our tiny little plane of 12 seats- on our way to the Masai Mara to go on our safari

Outside of our tent at the safari camp

We were really excited and really proud inside of our tent just before we went out on our first ride
Our safari car!!! It was so exciting!
The first animal that we saw on our safari! The giraffes were my favorite- they are so pretty!

This hippo was just trotting so fast to get to the water- he was so big and so scary!
I loved watching the lions! It was always kind of scary being so close to them... but they didn't seem to mind. They are also one of my very favorites! They were so big and just acted like they owned the place!

Bryce by the daddy lion :)

Me by the mommy lion :) So fitting.
EWWW... They were cute! The momma lion and her babies.




The elephants were HUGE!!! They were so much fun to watch


The leopard was also one of my very favorites- I could watch them all day!


At dinner after one of our safari drives!


I couldn't handle the baby cheetahs with their mom! It was so cute I took about 100 pictures :)

Two of the baby cheetahs started playing on the car in front of ours. They were so darling.

OUR TRIP TO MOMBASA
Mombasa is about 8 hours from Nairobi. We went for a zone conference and stayed right on the Indian Ocean! It was absolutely gorgeous!
The Indian Ocean

Right before the zone conference on the balcony of our hotel room

Dinners were always so much fun


Bryce and his mom just outside of the huts where they make carvings to sell

A guy that we met that does his own carvings-

The little kids in Africa were all so cute and so happy! They would just yell and wave to you- it was really fun to see how proud they would get when you would respond and wave back!

Our camel ride on the Indian Ocean- It was so much fun!



KILAGUNI
This was the prettiest safari lodge with the most amazing view!


This was the watering hole at night- they would turn the lights on at night so you could watch the animals come in to drink. It was really fun to be eating dinner and see all of the animals come in for water.



We celebrated Bryce's birthday while we were here- Happy Birthday Bry! This was at breakfast.


We were watching the animals, and they brought Bryce some sparkling grape juice for his birthday- and so we made a toast!


Outside of the lodge just before we left


Our Layover in England
In front of the Buckingham Palace-On our way home, we had a 6 hour layover in London... and so Bryce's sister who lives in Oxford came to the airport at 5:00 a.m to see us- and so we took a train to see the Buckingham Palace! We just wished we could have seen Dallin while we were so close!


Bryce's sister Natalie-and her three kids Sophie, Riley, and Lucy is in the stroller

They had this Ferrari in the London airport- and Bryce could not help but get a picture by his dream car!


Bryce and I had the most amazing time together visiting his parents in Kenya, Africa. They were called to be Mission Presidents over the Nairobi, Kenya Mission- and left in June of '07. So, Bryce and I were able to visit them, and it was an absolute blast! They definitely treated us to a good time, and it was fun being able to see what they have been called to do.... and they are doing a fantastic job!

We decided not to take Bridger with us, and so my mom, dad, Whitney, and Suzanne took turns watching Bridge for us.... and even though it was so hard to leave him, it was comforting to know that he would be in good hands! I knew that they would love him and take such good care of him- which they did, and I could not be more grateful! Thank you so much!

It was so much fun being with Bryce for two weeks straight in Africa and experiencing the most amazing things together! Bill and Genie took us to the Masai Mara on a 3 day safari, and it was SUCH A BLAST! I cannot even begin to explain how amazing it was to see the animals up close and in real life! The whole thing was INCREDIBLE! They also took us with them to Mombasa for a zone conference and we were able to stay at a hotel on the Indian Ocean for 4 nights- it was beautiful! On our way back from Mombasa we stopped at Kilaguni, which is a safari lodge that overlooks a watering hole, so you can see all the animals come in to drink (and they light the watering hole up at night as well). It was gorgeous- the scenery, the animals, the lodge, just everything!

We had such an amazing time with Bryce's parents- they are so much fun to be with and we enjoyed every minute we had with them. It was fun being able to see where they live and experience a little part of their life in Africa! So thank you Bill and Genie- we will never forget it!

20 comments:

Jennifer Payne said...

Who can just have a post like that? I went to Africa, saw Lions, Cheetah's, Leopards, Elephants, Hippos, and by the way I just decided to ride a camel on the beach of the Indian Ocean! Unbelievable!! It looked like the funnest adventure and it seemed like you were gone forever. I missed you so much. Of course you look gorgeous in all of your pictures. I am so glad you made all of those amazing memories with Bryce's parents, and even happier you are home now!

Jennifer Payne said...

Oh by the way...I loved the picture of Bryce kissing the camel. So good to see he finally found someone in his own league!!! Love ya Bryce!

Kris said...

Your pictures are UNBELIEVABLE!! That looks like SO much fun and those little kids? adorable!! I hope you didnt kiss Bryce after he made out with the camel...lol

Rebekah said...

What a BLAST! ok, not to mention that you look so pretty and bryce looks so good with your African tans! But seriously, I couldn't believe these pictures...are you like a photographer for National Geographic or something?? I couldn't believe that camil picture, so funny to see you two on that thing. I can't believe bryce let the giraffe eat out of his mouth, i could never, obviously! But it looked like so much fun, and i can't wait to hear more stories about it later. Love you and I am so glad you two were safe and made it back ok!
love, Rebekah

jessica said...

OH MY GOSH!! I CAN'T HANDLE THIS POST! Seriously Krys, I was dying the entire time. I cannot wait for Brod to get home to show him! Those pictures of your safari were unreal. The girls looked at them with me and they were dying too! Those pictures of the baby cheetas-oohhh, I can't handle those. Even your safari car! And your picture of riding a camel on the Indian Ocean?! Hurtya, I was excited to go ride the camel at the Miami Zoo and now those pictures will look like we're riding it in the ghetto! :) GORGEOUS! All of your pictures looked like they came straight out of a magazine! I am so happy for you and Bryce to have had such an unforgettable experience together. What a bonding time! You two look amazing as always and seriously Krys, I loved this post- I told you that my computer would probably explode when you posted it! :) I love you so much!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I miss his parents!!! :) I always loved listening to Genie in relief society.
All of the pictures were amazing. I'm glad you had such a good time. :) That's definitely a place I wouldn't mind seeing someday.

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

uh, wow! that is awesome that you went to Africa! Jordan and I wanted to go to Africa to pick up his brother from his mission there, but we came here instead. But seriously...how fun was that? I'm jealous! You guys are cute and I hope we can see you guys sometime soon! I miss you!

Parks Pack said...

Wow. Krystal -- What a trip of a lifetime. I cannot get over those pictures. That post wins of all posts! Amazing. It doesn't even seem real to be able to be so close to all of those incredible animals. Bryce was a little too close for me with the kissing picture! So funny! You are absolutely gorgeous Krys. The picture of you by the mommy lion I just thought, "Man, she's pretty!" What a stunning couple. Bryce's parents are incredible. How amazing to see them in that element. Jennie is just too sweet. Thanks for posting those incredible pictures. I'm so happy for you that you were able to have such an amazing journey. Tell Bryce Happy Birthday and that we love him. Love you, Krys.

Parks Pack said...

P.S. Tell me you thought of Elle Belle with all of those wildcats. I can't wait to show her your blog. She is going to freak out. LOVE YOU

shells said...

Oh how cute are those Taylor missionaries!!

And I couldn't stop laughing at Bryce in front of the ferarri .. I have a picture almost IDENTICAL to that one .. the only difference it Jordan is in it also .. too funny!

Happy Holidays little Taylor Family!

casey.chelsea.cali said...

What an incredible trip! Everything sounded amazing. And your pictures look SOOOOO good.

Woods: said...

Wow. That is amazing! What an unbelievable experience for you guys! The pictures are AMAZING! Nice job on those and of course you are stunnning in all of them...even on travel day when you have a layover! Who can pull that off?! What a neat post.

Derek and Christi said...

Hey! What a great experience, to see all those animals, and spent some time with your husband. Looks like you had so much fun.

Unknown said...

That is amazing. Mike and I are so jealous. He served his mission in Africa and we would love to go back one day. I am so happy for you that you got that experience. Not many people do. It looks like you had a blast!!

Cari Payne said...

What Beautiful pictures! It was so good to see you the other day! You didn't tell me you just got back from Africa Silly! What an Amazing experience! I am sure the country was so Rich with Culture! You look Amazing and so HAppy! Bridger is so Adorable! What Wonderful memories this will be forever! Luvs, Cari

Woods: said...

Krystal! Hey I need your address! When you get a sec if you wouldn't mind emailing it to me at nicolewoodnt at hotmail dot com that would be great! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Krystal, I was wondering if I could get your email address from you. I want to exchange info like phone numbers. We will be in Idaho Falls this Christmas and if you are there I'd really like to meet up with you. The last time I saw you was at the BYU bookstore. A lot has changed since then. My email address is yolissa12@gmail.com

Chelsi Marie said...

Krys! Thanks for being so honest and sweet to me! I miss you so much! My mom said she had a ball decorating with you and your mom as always, the only wierd part is I was gone... so sad. We didnt get to take of picture by the tree... its such a tradition, haha I love you lots and you look Fabulous as always!

Andrea Weaver said...

UNBELIEVABLE!! I just keep hearing about your trip and had to finally see your pictures. The were so AMAZING!! Who gets to go on a trip like that?? I bet you were dying to see Bridger towards the end huh? I saw pictures of him on your mom's camera and I just couldn't handle it. Eewwww...he's cute!!

Nina and Ryan said...

What an incredible vacation!!! I seriously think like once in a lifetime. I love the pics--and just have to comment how cute your little boy and entire family is. Merry Christmas!!!