Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Summer

Summer in Maryland!!!
We had the best time living in Maryland this past summer. It was fun being able to spend so much time together and live so close to D.C. We had a lot of fun shopping, swimming, eating out, touring the amazing monuments and sites in D.C. and spending all of this time together. It was a fun adventure, but we are definitely happy to be home!
Anytime Bridger thought we were leaving to go BYE BYE he would wait by the door for me!
Bridger would wait by the door when it was time for DAD to come home.... and I've never seen anyone more excited then when it was time to open the door to greet Bryce.

Bryce and his best buddy outside of the Arlington Cemetary


Our little family at the National Zoo in D.C.


Here are some more of the fun things that happened during our summer away...

Doug and Rebekah's Surprise Visit!!!

Doug and Rebekah SURPRISED me (Bryce was in on it) and came to visit us in Maryland! They came a day early and I was so excited and SO SURPRISED at the same time! We had a blast together as we ate pizza, drank pop and watched the Olympics... we also went swimming and took them on a tour of D.C. It went by way too fast, but was also way too fun! WE LOVE BEING WITH YOU GUYS! You are so much fun to be with and we are so grateful for you! We always laugh so hard, and of course stay up SO LATE because it's just never long enough! You are so cute with Bridger and he LOVES you- You are going to be the most amazing parents! Thanks again for the FUNNEST weekend- we loved every minute!


We found our STATE and had to get a picture by it!

Uncle Doug showing Bridger the ducks- Bridger LOVES LOVES LOVES Uncle Doug

The Lincoln Memorial (it was so much bigger than I had anticipated)


In front of the Washington Monument




Rebekah and me in front of the White House! It was so much fun being with Rebekah in D.C. She is always so much fun about everything and is always making me laugh- I'm so grateful that she is a part of our family and that we have SO MUCH fun together! I love you.... thanks again for coming!




My Trip to Arizona!!!
I was so excited when I found out that things would work out for me to go see Jenn and meet baby Sophie! I couldn't wait to see that little saucepan, and I knew that she would be the cutest little bug... And I was right! How couldn't she be when she has parents as goodlooking as hers are? It was the sweetest feeling seeing Sophie for the first time, and she instantly melted my heart. She is the sweetest, most beautiful little angel, and I was so glad that I was able to spend time with her- And Jenn OF COURSE- the time always flies by way too fast, and it's always so hard to say goodbye. We are so proud for the whole week, and then we know that we'll just bawl! It was so much fun going shopping and swimming, playing games, watching shows, SONIC SONIC SONIC, talking, and spending time together. It is so fun watching Jenn as a mom because she is such an amazing mother- and her kids adore her! She is so fun, patient, and understanding... and seeing her with Sophie was too much to handle (She's obsessed with her)! I am so grateful for you Jenn and love you so much. Thanks also Matt for letting me take away your wife and come see your saucy bug and spend time with you guys... it was a blast! I love you!


Ewwwwwww.... she's way too cuddly!


My Best Friend from high school lives in Arizona and came to see us for a day! LOVE YOU CHELS
Bridger disappeared for the entire time we were in Arizona.... oh wait, he was just constantly playing with Sadie and Connor (such cute friends)

Remember how I said Jenn was obsessed with her little stink bug? How couldn't she be? I love this picture!



I'm obsessed with her too! :)




Ft. Lauderdale, Here We Come!!!
The very weekend that Bryce got finished selling for the summer.... we jumped on a plane to Ft. Lauderdale, FL to visit Jess and Brod! We had the time of our lives and I don't think it could have been any funner! We went to the Miami and Hollywood beach, went to the funnest restaurants, watched the funniest show at nights, drank pops, talked, laughed, drank Brodie's margaritas, and had an absolute blast. We were also able to celebrate Alexia's birthday while we were there, and she was not only Queen for the day, but the prettiest Queen I've ever seen! Alexia and Audrey are the cutest little friends and were constantly making us laugh... and they took Bridger under their wing and introduced him to the color PINK and all of their fun little toys. The time flew by so fast, but it couldn't have been funner. Thanks for making it SO incredible- we love you guys so much! Thanks Brod for taking time off to be with us and for making everything so much fun, and for the juicy drinks that you would make at night! And Jess, thank you so much for planning the funnest week- your little list was so cute! I'm so grateful for you Jess and for our friendship!!! THANKS AGAIN for everything!

This picture just captures the proudness!


The Miami Beach- it was gorgeous!
Bridger would just lay on Bryce in the ocean.... it was really cute

Bridger's first BEACH experience!


One of our MANY treats- SO many fun ones to choose from!


Happy Birthday to the pretty princess!


And the PROUDNESS continues!



It was really easy for Bryce and Brod to bury such a little thing! Ew she's so cute!
We always have so much fun together- I love you Jess, thanks again for everything!

8 comments:

Jennifer Payne said...

Wow! That was the cutest post of your summer recap. Thank you for your post on Arizona, it was really sweet and I loved having you - you know that. You look so gorgeous in all of your pictures and little Bridger is too much to handle. I love him so much. And, then there is Bryce.........oh sorry I got distracted, but I love him too and he knows I do!! Anyway, love you so much and thanks again for being one of my truest best friends.

jessica said...

Krys! That was so fun to read and I got real proud to get to the Ft. Lauderdale post! Thanks again for coming- we had the time of our lives too! Your little family is the funnest to be with. I love you so much and I'm so grateful we have all of the memories we made. By the way, I'm calling you TONIGHT. We have so much to catch up on!! :) LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Krystal, I am so happy you found my blog. It is so good to hear from you. Your family is so cute. It's fun to see pictures of everyone else in your family too (like your bros and sis). What are you guys up to and where are you living? Keep in touch.

Rebekah said...

WOW... talk about recap of the best summer ever... With this post you could be on VH1's best Summer EVER special... i hope you know what im talking about! It was so fun to be so close this summer even though we were both so far from home. Between VaBeach and DC we made some real fun memories :) I can't wait to here about Africa...good luck!
love you!
~Rebekah

Jill said...

I seriously can't believe how much you fit into the summer and how much fun you had! We really did miss you though. Every week my girls would ask where you were at church!

I'm glad you're back though! But glad you were able to have such an amazing summer!!

I loved the Halloween pics of you on Doug and Rebekah's blog too! Such a riot! Bridger looked so darling!!!

Parks Pack said...

I have never seen more of a blowout summer! You had so much fun! Everytime I checked a Peterson blog someone was going somewhere! So fun! I love those pictures of Bridger. He really gets cuter and cuter. You are so gorgeous, too Krys. Just ridiculous. Love ya!

Andrea Weaver said...

So fun to get updated on your life for the past little while. Those pictures were so fun! I can't believe how saucy Bridger is. Where in the world are you guys now?? Hopefully we get to see you soon! love you..Ann

Chelsi Marie said...

Krys! I am so Happy your home!! We do need to catch up! I just realized that you can leave comments..haha I am so new at this blog deal! Its pretty fun though! I miss your fabulous self and want to give bridger lots of kisses! I will call you soon, I want to here of all your wild Africa Adventutes! LOVE YOU